250 straight 6 bellhousing

Can someone clear something up for me, I have a 81 4x4 1/2 ton with the 250 straight 6. I am wondering if it has the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the chev 350 and the same motor mount locations. would it be a straight swap or will I have to change much? Thanks

Reply to
ron

Ron, here is a link to Inline chevy info and a discussion group that can probably answer your question

Mad Dog

yes it does, and yes it has. altho you need to use the mounts for the v8. the engine will sit back about 4 inches from where a v8 normally would sit.

Reply to
StyxNStones®

Better weight transfer that way!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Which way?

MarshMonster ~thinks he's had too much shroom juice .... he's confused~ ============ ============ On Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 6:25pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net walked into the room....plucked a hair out'n his ear....and screamed in open forum......

Better weight transfer that way!!

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Well I guess i'll have to explain it to all the einstiens here. It's an old drag racing trick setting the motor back for a better launch off the line.

Reply to
LARRY929

makes my ol 69 truck feel more balanced in daily driving too. altho it does tend to lift the front end on hard launches lol

Reply to
StyxNStones®