250 straight 6 bellhousing

Can someone clear something up for me, I have a 81 4x4 1/2 ton with the 250 straight 6. I am wondering if it has the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the chev 350
and the same motor mount locations. would it be a straight swap or will I have to change much? Thanks
Ron, here is a link to Inline chevy info and a discussion group that can probably answer your question http://www.6066gmctrucks.org/Inline6.htm
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

the engine will sit back about 4 inches from where a v8 normally would sit.
Better weight transfer that way!!
<top post>
Which way?
MarshMonster ~thinks he's had too much shroom juice .... he's confused~ ======================On Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 6:25pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net walked into the room....plucked a hair out'n his ear....and screamed in open forum......
Better weight transfer that way!!
Well I guess i'll have to explain it to all the einstiens here. It's an old drag racing trick setting the motor back for a better launch off the line.

makes my ol 69 truck feel more balanced in daily driving too. altho it does tend to lift the front end on hard launches lol