2500HD Rear Differential Chattering

My 2500HD has started letting out a chattering feeling when taking off in a right hand turn, the differential supposedly came with synthetic fluid from factory with no additive, looking for opinions on changing rear oil, I use Mobil 1 75W90 in my other brands with locking differentials. Also does anyone know what this rearend is known as (14 bolt), as I will purchase a chrome cover for when I change the oil. Thanks.

Reply to
Todd Harrison

I sure hope someone gives you some good input on this chattering question. My

2003 2500HD has been doing this from the dealers lot and the dealer has no answers to what's going on.
Reply to
In ten more years

See if this helps...

Alan

Document ID# 1524371 2003 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD

Fivechop

Reply to
Bruce Christian

What exactly do you mean by "chattering"? I have an '02 2wd, and whenever I start to lose traction, the rear and starts to sort of jump around, makes the whole truck shake really bad.

Reply to
SpaseKase