25K service ????

I have just turned 25K on my 2004 2500 (6.0L)....Is it time for a service check ? What should be done , and should I go to the dealer for it ? I have been changing the oil and rotating tires since I bought this truck new (except some warranty work). Every time I go to the dealer they tell me I need a new gas & air filter......As a matter of fact, they tell that to every customer in the waiting area every time I've been there. I got a "cold call" the other day recruiting me for service...told me I was @ 27K and should get into the dealer.....What gives ?

Reply to
jbreen

I have my regular scheduled service done by the dealer. But I have an extended warrantee, and that is the only to keep it enforced. My interval is

15,000 miles. Filters are a good thing to replace.
Reply to
Bill

It's not necessary to have the dealer perform general up keep to your extended warranty. All you need to do is keep good records and receipts. It doesn't matter if you do the work as long as it's done right and there are records.

Brian

Reply to
diablo