292ci and the L25 (also 292ci) -- What's the difference?

Just browsing on Wikipedia (the most efficient way of wasting time) and I came upon the page titled "Chevrolet Straight-6 engine" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Inline_6_engine )
It list the "292" as being available from 1963 to 1990. It lists the "L25", also a 292ci I6, as being available from 1977 to 1985. The "292" is listed as having the taller deck, while not specifically mentioning displacement, whereas the L25 is listed as having 292ci of displacement without any mention of deck height.
What's the difference between these two motors? Do they have the same stroke, bore and compression ratio or do they share only a few similarities?
~jp

None there was only one 292 though emissions changed the compression ratio, piston shape and head port design some the bore and stroke never did. It is easy to tell a 292 from a 230 or 250 and the covers for lifter access on side of block are a lot taller in 292. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Well then... Good enough.
I'm still on the lookout for a 292 block or complete engine. So far nothing local.
~jp
SnoMan wrote:

I would look for a 73 or later for hardened valves in heads if it comes out of a P/U. Once you see one they are easy to tell from a 230/250. You might check boneyards for military surplus because they used a LOT of step vans in late 60's through early 80's powered my 292 and UPS ran a fleet of trucks with propane powered 292's in local deleivery trucks for a bit in the 90's. SHould be some of them floating around somewhere. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

Keep in mind that they were offered in the 20 series and up. Not in the half tons UNLESS they were a heavy duty. Hollander shows three in my area. Car-Part,com will probably give you a couple pointer
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York