2nd to 3th Shift Clunk

I've owned a '98 Z71 since new and have experienced a "clunk" whenever it's up-shifting from 2nd to 3 third... The GM dealer says "they all do it". Any
one else hearing the same clunk and is there a fix for the problem?
Thanks
Normal here, this is caused by "stack "tolerances in the trans and transfer case combined, I've never seen this develop into a problem.