#3 plug

This will probly cause a lot of laughs from you pros, but how the hell do you get to the #3 spark plug on a 98 Blazer? Does the steering shaft come apart under that rubber boot?
brody
If you mean S10 Blazer there is a special super compound tool or you can jack it up, take the wheel off, and get in through there.
~KJ~

Yes, I know access is through the wheel well, but #3 plug is directly behind the steering shaft. Guess there's a special tool like you say. Seems like this subject came up once before but I lost and forgot the reply.
brody

I've always been able to get them with a 5/8" spark plug socket and using a box wrench on the hex on the end of the socket.
jack it up, go in thru wheel-well
works on all 6, by the way

On the s10 Blazer you can turn the front wheels all the way to the right to get access to the plugs on the driver's side through the wheel well. Turn to the left for the passenger side. You just need a LONG extension.
N.M.W.B.A.o.O.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I've watched the mechs at my local Chevy dealer do it this way.
N.M.W.B.A.o.O.
I've a mechanic friend. I borrow his wobble socket. I can't remember who made it, one of the companys who go around in a truck, delivering tools. Not Snapon or Mac.
wrote:

Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:41:27 -0600, Dan Dunphy

Finally got it using a swivel-head ratcheting box wrench from Sears. :-)
brody