3 wire oxygen sensor

Are there any advantages to switching the single wire O2 sensor to the 3 wire sensor and what are the other 2 wires for. I am guessing,power and ground.

no advantage, especially since the truck will not have the power available to heat the 3-wire type

The 3-wire heated sensor offers accurate O2 measurements at times when the exhaust gas is cooler than normal such as idling or decelerating but would not be advantageous to you unless you are using a monitor to make fuel mixture adjustments. 3-wire sensors have 2 blacks and 1 white wire with the white being signal and the blacks are power to the heater, the heater is bi-polar and does not care which black goes where as long as 1 is grounded and 1 is wired to a power source that is hot when the ignition is on. I use a 3-wire sensor with a Halmeter AF-30 monitor on my Scottsdale and it has enabled me to tune the carburetor for optimum power across the entire rpm range. (950 to 6500 rpm)
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10