305ci V8 vs. 292ci I6...just curious.

Well that reply proves the quality of your character!

Reply to
Shades

Heh... Not 2 minutes after posting that, I had the exact same thought--that is, the wrench analogy, and how the throw affects leverage on the bolt being turned.

Thanks...

~jp

Steve W. wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Yes I'm good.

Found our argument on the web. Enjoy:

You guys can find more and post the links. Was looking for a dyno sheet from a stock 292 six and could not find one. Lots of small block dyno sheets to compare if we can find a sheet on the six. Hard to find one that starts at

1,000 RPM.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

True. Also the reason the block is taller is so they can use a long rod too to limit side forces on piston with a longer stroke. As you increase the stroke on SB you cannot realy use a longer rod without putting piston pin up higher which has its own problems too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Good deal... Well, I've been browsing eBay and Craigslist, haven't found any 292's locally, and haven't found a bare block. Found a few complete engines, but they aren't real close to me. I'm not ready to get one just yet anyhow. I need to do some things around the house to make room to work on all this stuff--when money and time finally permit that is.

~jp

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens