305ci V8 vs. 292ci I6...just curious.

Page 3 of 3
Cool article on rebuilding an I6 in case anyone's interested:
http://www.truckworld.com/How-To-Tech/Chevrolet-Engine/Chevy-engine.html
~jp

why hasn't anyone suggested a 455 if you want to be different. I had 70 442 that would smoke the tires at 60 mph just by dropping to third and nailing it. hell put a 4cylinder cummins in it
Eh... a big block would be overkill for my application. I still want to be able to drive it on the street and not have to save up money for my weekend in the truck...LOL.
There's enough big-block'd Chevy trucks on the road.
~jp
dave wrote:

Not that different...I have seen more than a few 455 Olds and Buicks in Trucks and SUV's.

Oh yeah... the Cummins 4BT was something I considered for about 5 minutes. While it would be cool, that may require a bit more fabrication than I am ready to deal with.
But it *is* a cool idea...
~jp