350 rebulid

i am getting ready to put new heads on my truck..chevy 350... but i am using my old rockers and pushrods. I know there is no specifc torque for the rocker studbolts..like there is for v6 and later model v8...i know
that after getting TDC on #1 i tighten the bolt until i feel no play in the pushrod...then tighten the nut an additional three quarter turn..but i was wondering ...cant you also adjust the #2..#5..#7 intake valves and the #3..#4..and #8 exhaust valves while still at TDC on #1 ? i hope this isnt confusing to anyone lol...but it has been awhile since i have worked on a 350 top end. trying to refresh my memory here lol thanks
nick
On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 02:55:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (NICK) wrote:

No really if you want to do it right because the cam profile is at its lowest at TDC of the cylinder in question. Set lash on #1 and then rotate engine 90 degrees each for the other cylinders in correct order. Also if this engine has a warm cam and you plan to wind it up some a lot I would use less preload (between 1/4 and 1/2) as you will get less pontentail pump up at high RPMs ----------------- TheSnoMan.com