350 rebulid

i am getting ready to put new heads on my truck..chevy 350... but i am using my old rockers and pushrods. I know there is no specifc torque for the rocker studbolts..like there is for v6 and later model v8...i know that after getting TDC on #1 i tighten the bolt until i feel no play in the pushrod...then tighten the nut an additional three quarter turn..but i was wondering ...cant you also adjust the #2..#5..#7 intake valves and the #3..#4..and #8 exhaust valves while still at TDC on #1 ? i hope this isnt confusing to anyone lol...but it has been awhile since i have worked on a 350 top end. trying to refresh my memory here lol thanks

nick

Reply to
NICK

No really if you want to do it right because the cam profile is at its lowest at TDC of the cylinder in question. Set lash on #1 and then rotate engine 90 degrees each for the other cylinders in correct order. Also if this engine has a warm cam and you plan to wind it up some a lot I would use less preload (between 1/4 and 1/2) as you will get less pontentail pump up at high RPMs

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan