350 S-10

I actually have a few questions to somebody more educated than me,so here goes. If I take a 350 engine and put in a 90 model S-10, (currently with a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder,5 speed transmission,) will the transmission take the
beating its liable to recieve? also the rear end?. Would it be better to beef up the front end,to support the extra weight of the engine? just pondering...
I don't believe the tranny will bolt up. I think you will have to change tranny as well. The axles will certainly be a weak point if you are getting on the pedal alot. I would consider after market axles and also be prepared for front suspension work as parts will wear faster than normal. Good luck however you decide to go.

This is the best place for any S10 swaps. http://v8s10.org/forum /
The 10 bolt rear will handle a 350 ok as long as you don't run slicks and expect it to do launches and burnouts everyday. Not sure if the trans can be adapted to fit, check above link.
The 2.8V6 motor mounts will have to be used, (on the frame).
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/index.html this is another good source of info and parts.
Good luck.