Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

03 4x4 PU FE known problem?
My O3 Silverado with 41K miles has a clunking sound from the FE. Since the Int Shaft (?) was replace under warranty at 27k for the same complaint I am wondering if Chevrolet front ends wear more than...
1
1

Fuel Usage When Idling
I'd like to fine out just how much fuel my vehicles use when idling. I have a Chevy Van with the vortec 6 liter V8 and a pickup with the Duramax Diesel. Both are 2005 models. Does anyone know where I...
7
7

Fuel pump story
In September 2005, I was planning a trip of about 5000 miles. My 99 Silverado had about 92k miles and I was concerned that chevy fuel pumps generally last about 100k miles. I posted the question about...
3
3

94 K1500 no low range
94 K1500 Silverado. Put it in low range yesterday to pull a tree. First time in low in years. It goes into low, the 4x4 indicator lights come on, but the front axle isn't getting any power. Works fine...
8
8

What tailgaters deserve
If life was fair cops would drag tailgaters out of their cars and beat them within an inch of their lives instead of just tasering college students and beating up minorities. What would be even better...
5
5

1996 Astro van engine issue ---rehashed...
Updated..... 1996 Astro Van. cranks, good spark, good fuel, may idle, but falls on its face when throttle is touched (like it is starved for fuel). Once you get it to actually start & idle, it idles...
1
1

Going green. Who makes electric replacement motor for gas engine in my 2500 Chevy Cheyenne with equivalent power? Forget hybrid.
How long before Tesla Motors makes electric replacement motors for trucks? Then we just plug in. Don't need tune ups, only lubrication. Then we'd be burning coal instead of oil. Rather pricy, new...
1
1

1994 Toyota 4wd 4 Runner with shudder
1994 4-Runner with alignment and new tires shudders at 60+ mph when letting off the gas or when quick acceleration. What could cause this? Odometer reads 123,000 miles. Vehicle is in night new shape...
1
1

rear diff question
I have a 1996 gmc sierra, 5.8l vortec, auto transmission with a stock rear limited slip rear end. The rearend blew up so now I have to replace it but need to know what the ratio was. How can I find...
7
7

Q: Torque spec for transfer case drain plugs
I need to change the fluid in my 99 OBS Tahoe's transfer case. Both the NPT drain plugs and the case are looking mighty soft. Can any of you techs tell me how tight to tighten the plugs?...maybe a...
6
6

350 3/4 ton starter issue
I have a 93' 3/4 ton Silverado 4x4 with 182k miles on it, that won't start, won't even turn-over. Its a 350 engine with standard trans. Put a new starter in 6 months ago so I don't think that is the...
2
2

need creative financing
My friend totaled his car and insurance is paying him $8000, but he owes $10000 on the car loan ! Do you think that he could buy a used car for around $8000 and have the dealer make the loan for...
4
4

have a new air filter fuel pump fuel filter and when the engine gets warm and if I am going up hill the engine has little or no power even with the pedal to the floor..it doesnr rev high just like as...
2
2

Bought '95 Extended Cab 2500 Chevy with low 234,430 miles for $3300 total
I read this newsgroup all the time and here's my two bits for my 2wd REDNECK truck recently purchased. Problems galore appreciated at this price. Good news, very happy camper/boater with new used...

new body style pick-up scratched windshield
The new body style pickups have a unique windshield wiper blade that collect a huge amount snow and ice very quickly. In a snow storm you can't keep the blades free of ice and snow. First of all...