Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is making this happen
I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy 4.3ltr 6cy, sometimes when I turn the ignition, the gauges don?t move, the air-bag, check engine,seatbelt icons do not light up. When this happens, the truck will not turn...
5
5

worn door pins
I have a 1989 chevrolet k1500 pickup truck. The door pins are very worn on the driver's side door (in fact, one of the pins has sheared off completely). This is making it very difficult to close the...
3
3

99 Suburban motor hesitates after warm
I installed a new fuel filter. It starts good and runs fine until warmed up, then it hesitates on light accelleration. If you jump on it it goes fine. At idle it runs smooth when cold, then "jumpy"...
1
1

1997 Blazer LS 4X4 - Tire & shock recommendations?
Hello, I'm looking for some suggestions for tires and shocks for a 1997 Blazer LS 4X4. It's a daily driver with a typical mix of city and highway average annual mileage put on it. No off roading or...
2
2

Draining anti-freeze from '02 8.1L
What is the easiest way to drain and flush the anti-freeze from an '02 8.1L and the radiator? Possibly looking to change from the Dex-Cool to the traditional coolant as well during this.
3
3

Extended Cab Pickup
Where can I find the rear vent window latches? It is a '94 Extended Cab. thanks

exhaust manifold bolts breaking 6 litre engine
I own a 99 gmc 6 litre gas, that has had the exhaust manifold bolts replaced for the second time. does aanyone know if there was a recall for this problem?

Front End Wear/Life?
My neighbor's rice burner has over 60k on it and the front end is just like new: totally tight, responsive. My 98 'Burb has 160 on it and I'm on my third front end (tie rods, bushings, pitman arm, and...
6
6

fuel door security
I have a 99 Silverado with standard (factory) keyless entry and security. I want to wire a simple push switch from my fuel door into the security wiring. Does anyone have a schematic for the security...
1
1

1996 Astro van starting issues
1996 Astro Van. cranks, good spark, good fuel, may idle, but falls on its face when throttle is touched (like it is starved for fuel). Once you get it to actually start & idle, it idles fine & will...
11
11

transmission problems
Hi there,my son decided to install a stereo in his 1995 chevolet 1500 4x4 ext of waiting to get the propper connections from the stereo place he cut all the wires for the plugs that go into the...
4
4

78 Chevy K20
Hi all, I?m from Sydney Australia. Just purchased a 78 Chev K20 and LOVE it! Problem is, parts are rare in Australia. Where is the best online site to purchase parts? Also, I need a new Windshield....
1
1

Avalanche horn question
My loaded '04 Z-71 has a single anemic sounding horn....I rarely use it but it's really a pitiful sound for this kind of truck. How many horns does an Avalanche have? Just one? It's mounted pretty...
2
2

Dots on Windshield
I rode in a new Chevy Silverado today and noted that on the windshield behind the rear view mirror there is a sort of rectangular area about 8" square of small dots. A small strip (about 1/4 inch...
10
10

Wheel lockers - Advice needed
I have a '95 3/4 ton 4x4 GMC extended cab and do occasional off road while geocaching. Problems: 1st time - after crossing a small creek about 12 inches deep, front unit went out, was electrical unit....
1
1