4.3 replacement for a 94 S-10 Blazer

I have a friend who broke the starter mount off on his 94 S-10 Blazer. He is going to try JB weld as a temp fix but we don't know how long that's going
to last.
His motor is worn out and he was looking for a replacement anyway. What years are compatible as drop in engines for a 94?
Thanks, Marc
I have to ask. How in the hell did he manage to break off the starter mount?

It happens more than you can imagine!
A bad front bushing in the starter, a bad tooth on the bendix, or a bad tooth on the flywheel, BOOM!
J-B might last one start if he's lucky!
Just get another motor!
Refinish King

try a local u-pullit junk yard to get a new block. Move all of your old-parts onto the new block... You can get a block for a buck!!!!!!!!!! http://garysupullit.com/partspricelist.htm Elliott
Refinish King wrote:

If you are near DC I have a friend who wants $300 for a 4.3 out of a mid90s 1500. If so send phone/contact info. Elliott