4.3 upgrade

Got a '92 S10 Blazer (4X4) in need of fresh 4.3. My LB4 (TBI) 4.3 needs a rebuild. Can an L35 (CPI) 4.3 be fitted with ease (i.e. newer wiring harness)? Do I need to find a stick motor or will my older flywheel swap to
an automatic motor? Don't want/need a 350 but would like the smoother counterbalanced central port V6.
Thanks, Stan