4.3L bad mileage!!!!

I have a full size 95 4X4 with a 4.3L and a 5 speed and i get about 12.5 in the city and prolly 15 hwy. Changed everything imaginable fuel filter air filter plugs wires, cleaned tbi cleaned injectors and i have 3.73
gears which for my fullsize is right on the money for all round gears.

1. Mileage? 2. How old is 02 sensor? 3. Checked timing? 4. Checked FPR to see if it's shot? 5. Checked CTS to see if it's shot?
That should get ya started...............
Doc
What is FPR and CTS?

Is that US gallons? If it is it doesn't seem that bad.
Trey wrote:

Its better then my truck! and also, its a TRUCK, not a Honda Civic. Something many people forget.

That's very bad mileage. I have a 92 S10 with 320,000 miles on it and it gets 14 around town and 15-16 highway. It used to get in the 20s.

God bless it. Maybe I should READ THE WHOLE message before I respond! I missed that part. (again)
Thanks DOC!
LS

"" wrote: > Is that US gallons? If it is it doesn't seem that bad. > > Trey wrote:
> [...]
i have the same engine and get just a little more mileage than you............that is a lot of truck for a V6.
crackerjack05 wrote:

gallon and i got a 30 gallon tank you do the math. I cant afford to fill her up so i put 5-10 dollars in it and that dont get me too far. Also anyone know why the hell the gas gauge will stay at full forever but after a half tank that som b^&#h will go empty in 65 miles?
sticky float?
I think every guage is a bit different Mine is fairly linear until it gets to around 1/4 of a tank, then it goes south really quickly

"Doc" wrote:

are original and Doc will ya tell me what FPR and CTS are
Much Obliged

Ok, the O2 sensors are shot with that kind of mileage, so replace at least the front one (pre-catalytic) which shouls make an improvement. FPR=Fuel pressure regulator, CTS=Coolant temp sensor (NOT sender).
Doc