4.3L bad mileage!!!!

  1. Mileage?
  2. How old is 02 sensor?
  3. Checked timing?
  4. Checked FPR to see if it's shot?
  5. Checked CTS to see if it's shot?

That should get ya started...............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I have a full size 95 4X4 with a 4.3L and a 5 speed and i get about 12.5 in the city and prolly 15 hwy. Changed everything imaginable fuel filter air filter plugs wires, cleaned tbi cleaned injectors and i have 3.73 gears which for my fullsize is right on the money for all round gears.

Reply to
Jordan Smith

What is FPR and CTS?

Reply to
KMU

Fuel Pressure Regulator? Future Parts Required? Fouled Plug Replacements

Crank Timing sensor? Catalitic Thermal Sequence?

Reply to
Trey

Fuel Pressure Regulator and Coolant Temp Sensor (NOT sender).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
High Sierra

Its better then my truck! and also, its a TRUCK, not a Honda Civic. Something many people forget.

Reply to
Trey

That's very bad mileage. I have a 92 S10 with 320,000 miles on it and it gets 14 around town and 15-16 highway. It used to get in the 20s.

Reply to
LS

Yeah but he's driving a 1500 with 3.73's, you're in a midsize with 3.42's and probably overdrive as well..

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Timings dead on, 145,000 miles on her and o2 sensors both front and back are original and Doc will ya tell me what FPR and CTS are

Much Obliged

Reply to
Jordan Smith

God bless it. Maybe I should READ THE WHOLE message before I respond! I missed that part. (again)

Thanks DOC!

Reply to
LS

Ok, the O2 sensors are shot with that kind of mileage, so replace at least the front one (pre-catalytic) which shouls make an improvement. FPR=Fuel pressure regulator, CTS=Coolant temp sensor (NOT sender).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

i have the same engine and get just a little more mileage than you............that is a lot of truck for a V6.

Reply to
crackerjack05

tell me about it but yea thats US gallons, and when gas here is $2.30 a gallon and i got a 30 gallon tank you do the math. I cant afford to fill her up so i put 5-10 dollars in it and that dont get me too far. Also anyone know why the hell the gas gauge will stay at full forever but after a half tank that som b^&#h will go empty in 65 miles?

Reply to
Jordan Smith

sticky float?

Reply to
mudmonkey

I think every guage is a bit different Mine is fairly linear until it gets to around 1/4 of a tank, then it goes south really quickly

Reply to
ken