4 bolt main?

I have a early 90's GMC 4x4 pickup. How do I find out if it has four bolt mains? Can I tell from engine ID number or VIN?
Thanks Sixraven

On 2 Jul 2006 08:46:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try this link below as you can use engine casting number to determin which block you have. Also for what it is worth, As long as you limit rpm to 6000 or so and do not super charge it, a 2 bolt block will hold up fine.
http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?t 9 ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com