4 wheel drive locked in low

i have a 1999 gmc sierra z-71.i put the truck in 4 wheel low .Now their is no indicator light on the buttons in dash.IT WILL NOT COME OUT OF LOW.I CHECKED FUSE ,EVEN REPLACED IT STILL NO INDICATOR OF LIGHTS.STILL LOCKED IN LOW.PLEASE HELP.WHAT DO I DO NEXT? TY STEVE IN TEXAS

Reply to
foofman

sounds like the Transfer Case Control Module behind the kick panel on the right side of the passenger compartment took a dump on ya, the part is about

500 bucks at a dealer and if ur lucky you could find one at a salvage yard.....
Reply to
Adam

I cant remember, but I think if you locate the box (TCCM) and unplug it, the transfer case should return to 2WD by default.

Reply to
Adam

THANK YA ADAM. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KICKPLATE BELOW THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT?THEIRS A BOX WITH ABOUT 4 WIRE PLUGS IS THAT IT? THANK YOU. STEVE IN TEXAS

Reply to
foofman

yeah, actually there should be 2 plugs on the box, and one should have like

5 wires and the other plug should have like 16 or 20 (I know its quite a few) it is the panel below the glove compartment. at the front bottom of the front door
Reply to
Adam

adam i got the box out it had 4 plugs to it.that cost 500.00 bucks?thats not right is it.too high lol.well what all does that control? i will try the salavage yard first ..hope that is it .im going to see if the truck will go to 2w high...i hope so.THANK YA FOR INFO.I OWE YA A BEER.

Reply to
foofman

Did taking that box out make the truck go back into 2 wheel drive? Our 99 Jimmy done the same thing, took out the box and BAM it was back in 2 WD, at least till we found the TCCM at a salvage yard for 50 bucks, ours was the "4 switch" system, it had Auto4hi, that made it harder to find it.

Reply to
Adam

Hi

Check your front differential gear oil level. Secondly check the vacuum actuator diaphram to see if it is intact.

Reply to
Blazer-B