454 burning oil?

I have a 1990 Suburban R2500 with a 7.4 liter. The engine has about 20K since rebuild. I am puting approximately 1 1/2 quarts of oil in the crankcase each time I fill the tank. The engine runs strong but uses way too
much oil. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust. I have a slight dark haze on the rear fender, around the exhaust pipe, but nothing to really speak about. The plugs are clean too.
Anyone have any ideas? Rings? Intake manifold gasket? I am at a loss!
Thanks, Andrew
A leak down test wiil check the compression rings, look at the plugs while doing this see if any are fouled or oily, remember this will not check the oil rings, some could be lined up causing this. Also pull the valve covers and look at the valve seals, make sure they haven't pulled off the top of guide if they are the PC type, if they are umbrella type are they in the right position on the valve stem? Ultimately this engine may have to come apart.