4L60E

I have a 94 Chevy Astro All Wheel Drive with a 4L60E tranny. The transmision started leaking a while back and I had to remove it and replace the front seal. Since that time it hasn't shifted right and I have gotten one occurance of an "82" code which chilton's lists as a

1-2 shift timeout. The transmission is doing the following. at around 50-55 it seems to downshift almost like you were excellerating and it had down shifted then it will upshift, it will do this even as you slow down. I understand that there are 2 shift solenoids in the tranny controlling shifting and have found these for sale but since removing the tranny I have removed the pan a second time and replaced the filter ( replaced it when I pulled the tranny and changed the seal) I did this because I didn't change the metal/rubber seal on the filter and thought maybe it was bad and causing some kind of blockage. Anyway any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Dan

Reply to
Dan