4l60e, cars vs truck 4x4 vs 2x4

Anyone know the what the difference is between 4l60e's in cars or trucks, and trucks that are 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. I believe the gear ratios are the same for all, what is difference? Is the case/tailshaft different? None of my buddies know what the difference is, and I'm very curious. Thanks for any help.

1993 Blazer K1500 4x4
Reply to
Alex

The tailshaft and rear case section is different

Reply to
Eugene

2wd cars and trucks (except corvette) are the same they have a stamped steel inspection cover, 4wd and corvette (C4) use the heavier "K" case which uses a cast aluminum inspection cover with 2 torque struts that bolt to the motor.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

i have a question. both of my torque struts have stripped the mount holes on the tranny case. what is the best way to fix this? thanks.

Reply to
seawulf

either Heli-coil them or drill and tap to the next larger size bolt.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase