4l60e Eratci shift repair update

Well all.. 8 hours of cursing.. I dropped the valve body and installed a transgo shift kit which repairs sloppy shifts and bad line prs. IT WORKED
!!!! tranny shifts like it should.. I feel all the shifts and no whiplash.. Anyone who has a problem with the 4L60e and even if they dont, should have this done.. It can be done with the tranny in the vehicle and on a 4x4 and I did it so you can...

I tend to take a dim veiw of those shift kits. The OEM sprags and drum splines are njot very strong and the shifts are soft for a reason. You bang it hard enough and long enough you will have a expensive repair bill. If it has been rebuilt with after market parts replacing these weak ones it is a different matter ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Just how complex is the valve body on this tranny? I did a shift kit from them in my Dodge when I had it, what a BITCH!!! If you dropped and lost or did not get one of the check balls back in its right "home" you were screwed, blued and tattooed!

I think you'd find that if you did that on ANY valve body you'd be screwed.

Amen! ----------------- TheSnoMan.com