4L60E for 1994 K1500??

After 185k my 1994 K1500 with the 4.3L V6 is in need of a transmission. Since this is not a vehicle that I depend on daily, I am simply looking for a used or possibly a rebuilt 4L60E which I will replace myself.

Is this some kind of rare combination with the V6, as I never hear back from any of the junk yards I've asked.

The closest match I've found is a used one on CL that has 78k, and was advised that it will fit 93-94 4X4 models. Could someone please tell me what a fair price is on a used 4L60E if I went that route? Like I said, I'm not looking to spend a fortune on this as I only use the truck occasionally.

TIA for your help.

Reply to
Mr. Transistor

Rare? No....

Augustus

The difference is a couple of items.

  1. The torque converter stall speed
  2. Number of clutches in each clutch pack
  3. Valve body pressures are different than on a V-8 engine
Reply to
Steve