4L60E sudden failure

Hey, guys, We've got a fleet of 4X4 S10 blazers that we bought for our daughters when they were in college. Our "baby" drove her '93 back to Iowa on
Tuesday, ran fine till she made a pit stop. When she got back in, started it up and moved the shift lever to D, nothing moved - not even a sound of the gears engaging or the engine groaning. No reverse either. We're tearing it apart as we speak, but anybody ever have this happen? Anyone know what we should be looking for? Fluid didn't look bad. On her own she added 1/2 quart of atf, but I doubt it was low - she was just desperate, hoping it was something simple. I should be so lucky! Thanks for any help. Maddox
is it a electric shift? if so, does she have it in 2w or 4 wheel drive, or most important, does she have it in any with a light on? sometimes they go into neutral and do not move. or if the battery is disconected, you may hve to push the button into 2w or 4w till the light comes on. if it is a manual 4wd, then the linkage may have come loose. or she may just wiggle the 4wd lever. .old john