4wd indicator blinking

98 burb with pushbutton 4wd. When I select anything but 2wd the indicator light for the selection just blinks. Never turns steady. Anything common? Worked fine last week big snowstorm here yesterday and now this. the front wheels do seem to engage in 4 hi even though the light is blinking. If in 4 auto if the rear wheels spin the lamp goes out and sends it back to 4 auto. My scan tool ispicking up no DTC's but it's not a real high end unit. Anything quick I can look for? Larry
Reply to
jdoe

Usually it's an indication that the transfer case is not shifting into the range or the front diff is not locking up. With our Tech

2, we can check things like what position the t/case actually is in....and whether the front is locked up. You may not be able to get that type of data with yours, but if you can, I'd be looking thru the data.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Jeremy Bomkamp

Reply to
jdoe

If you threw a new actuator in and it still doesn't work (which was a bad idea, should have properly diagnosed the problem), you definitely need to start by figuring out if you are getting the proper power and grounds at the actuator wiring harness connector. You might have something as simple as a broken wire.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to