4x4 fuse blows out

I have a 88 gmc 1500 4x4 truck that when you shift it into 4 wheel drive,it blows the fuse out on it.It stayed in for about 14 miles and then the light
went out on the console.I then relized that the fuse blew on it so I put another in and then right when the light lit in the console for the 4x4,it blew again.If anybody out there has had this problem,let me know what it is,Thanks.
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:16:36 -0500, "4speed55chevy"

my 88 K2500 doesn't even have a 4x4 fuse, but most likely your axle actuator has failed. go to a dealer ( or online, I use www.gmotors.com) and buy a 98+ actuator and the adapter harness and life will be good for you.
hth, Bret