4x4 switch light dus not go on steady green or amber

Hello all,
My 92 S10 blazer 4 door 4x4, auto trans.
The 4x4 switch light goes not in steady green or amber, some times it dus but often not. but when i engaged it then the both lights come on. green and
amber.
And i can not engage the 4x4 when im driving, i have to stop then put in N and then i can engage it in 4x4.
Is there anyone whos had the same trouble and fixed it ?
I hope someone can help me find out what the trouble is.
Pat..
Sounds like the front axle isn't engaging when you're moving. Someone else can verify this, then we'll go about troubleshooting it, I'd have to have you spend the time looking at that when it's not the front axle...

yikes sounds like your in for some fun, i had some troubles like that on my '94 and i replaced the 4x4 computer and the encoder motor, dont remember how much it was but it was definitely some bux, and when i sold it a year and a half ago, it would still sometimes stick coming out of 4hi.... go figure and i had a dealer do the work...HTH and good luck