4x4 won't lock in

'99 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 will not lock in.
4x4 is push-button, if that matters? 4x4 Indicator light does not show-up on dash either.
Does anyone have experience with this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Mark H. Bowen --I apologize if anyone recognizes this post from over at alt.trucks.chevy, but I don't frequent either of the two newsgroups, so I don't know how much cross-over there is between groups. I am trying to get as many responses as I can from different individuals to assist a co-worker in his time of need. Please forgive me this one time, as I'm a ROFFian (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)--

I had a similar problem with my '00. It turned out to be bad solder joints on the switch itself. It was a fairly easy DIY repair and IIRC the switch ran about $80 new from the dealer.
HTH
Derek

I had a similar problem with my '00. It turned out to be bad solder joints on the switch itself. It was a fairly easy DIY repair and IIRC the switch ran about $80 new from the dealer.
HTH
Derek
Thanks Everyone! My co-worker said that he removed the stitch connections and re-connected them and everything is fine now. However, this could mean there is something internally wrong with the sitch and may be a recurring issue. I hope not for his sake!
Thanks again.
Op
That should have read "switch connection."
Mark