4x4 won't lock in

'99 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 will not lock in.

4x4 is push-button, if that matters? 4x4 Indicator light does not show-up on dash either.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mark H. Bowen --I apologize if anyone recognizes this post from over at alt.trucks.chevy, but I don't frequent either of the two newsgroups, so I don't know how much cross-over there is between groups. I am trying to get as many responses as I can from different individuals to assist a co-worker in his time of need. Please forgive me this one time, as I'm a ROFFian (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)--

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Mr Opus McDopus

I had a similar problem with my '00. It turned out to be bad solder joints on the switch itself. It was a fairly easy DIY repair and IIRC the switch ran about $80 new from the dealer.

HTH

Derek

Reply to
genius

I had a similar problem with my '00. It turned out to be bad solder joints on the switch itself. It was a fairly easy DIY repair and IIRC the switch ran about $80 new from the dealer.

HTH

Derek

Thanks Everyone! My co-worker said that he removed the stitch connections and re-connected them and everything is fine now. However, this could mean there is something internally wrong with the sitch and may be a recurring issue. I hope not for his sake!

Thanks again.

Op

Reply to
Mr Opus McDopus--Mark H. Bowen

That should have read "switch connection."

Mark

** Posted from
**
Reply to