6.0 Broken Exhaust Manifold?

Hi, I have a 02 4x4 Silverado hd 2500 with the 6.0, after checking the oil I happened to look down at the right side ex manifold and noticed it seems to be broken in half clear thru to the head between the mounting bolts, Is this a commen occurance, also is this something I should worry about, and if I have it fixed should the gasket be replaced too? The truck has

25.000 miles on it. I put 4 pics on the site below. Thanks for your time, UD

UglyDan®©=9

It's cast iron:

I don't know if it's a common problem with this particular engine but, it's cast iron. Cast iron does as it wants and the crack doesn't surprise me at all, especially with that thin of a flange area.

Also, yes. You'll have to change the gasket.

On a side note, I don't know if it was you or your WebTV provider that tied to change a registry key on my computer, when I clicked on the link to your pictures. If it was you, you're too stupid to get past my defenses, if it wasn't you. Please disregard my previous comment, and I have another reason to hate WebTV!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

(Refinish=A0King) It's cast iron: I don't know if it's a common problem with this particular engine but, it's cast iron. Cast iron does as it wants and the crack doesn't surprise me at all, especially with that thin of a flange area. Also, yes. You'll have to change the gasket. On a side note, I don't know if it was you or your WebTV provider that tied to change a registry key on my computer, when I clicked on the link to your pictures. If it was you, you're too stupid to get past my defenses, if it wasn't you. Please disregard my previous comment, and I have another reason to hate WebTV! Refinish King

Thanks for the info, As to me trying to change your register key, I have no idea what you're talking about, and I seriously doubt it was webtv either, You might want to check your own computer though, as it seems your replys to posts end up on top. Unless of course you're new to usenet, and too stupid to know usenet etiquette, then please disregard my previous comment. Thanks again, UD

UglyDan®©=9

wouldn't this be a warranty item??

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

I like the attention!

I always post on top, just like I screw my women most time. It isn't a question of stupidity!

A webTV user telling me how to check my computer?

Now that's laughable!

I disregarded your last reply and you!

PLONK!

Refinish King

Thanks for the info, As to me trying to change your register key, I have no idea what you're talking about, and I seriously doubt it was webtv either, You might want to check your own computer though, as it seems your replys to posts end up on top. Unless of course you're new to usenet, and too stupid to know usenet etiquette, then please disregard my previous comment. Thanks again, UD

Refinish King

Web tv make mistakes? No way! The only reason I have this,is cuz I`d rather spend money on my vehicles. May be this winter I`ll get a real computer. WebTv Sucks!!!!

Reply to
Bill