6' vs 5' Bed: Any Diff In Rear End?

I've got a 5.5' bed w/full crew cab.

Unladen, of course, the rear end is conspicuously light - to the point where I can burn a little rubber if I'm too heavy on the gas when the light changes.

If I move to a 6.5' bed, would I notice a diff?

If so, would the rear be lighter or less light?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

It would be about 100 pounds heavier in the tail. It's a P/U truck so it WILL be light in the rear regardless. The only way to stop that is to add weight, which will also cost you in fuel.

Reply to
Steve W.

Per Steve W.:

Thanks.

My concern was that it might be lighter (feel-wise... obviously the whole vehicle has tb heavier...)

Sounds like I'm a go for moving to the larger bed.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)