6' vs 5' Bed: Any Diff In Rear End?

I've got a 5.5' bed w/full crew cab.
Unladen, of course, the rear end is conspicuously light - to the point where I can burn a little rubber if I'm too heavy on the
gas when the light changes.
If I move to a 6.5' bed, would I notice a diff?
If so, would the rear be lighter or less light?
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

It would be about 100 pounds heavier in the tail. It's a P/U truck so it WILL be light in the rear regardless. The only way to stop that is to add weight, which will also cost you in fuel.
--
Steve W.

Per Steve W.:

Thanks.
My concern was that it might be lighter (feel-wise... obviously the whole vehicle has tb heavier...)
Sounds like I'm a go for moving to the larger bed.
--
Pete Cresswell