Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pivoting Headache Rack: Anybody Done It?
5.5' bed with AdaRac racks installed. AdaRac has some pretty robust right-angle rails along the bed's edges. I'd like some passenger/driver protection in the event of a minor crash and a Skil saw,...

AdaRac with BakFlip HD?
Up to a little while ago, I would have bet a paycheck that I read somewhere that AdaRac and BakFlip were compatible. Now I am looking at the way AdaRac's towers slope in and I'm thinking the BakFlip...
2
2

98 Chevy dual battery cables
Damn side mounts. I am changing to top mount cables. I have a bad wire somewhere under the cover. Keep have batteries going dead. Only have one phantom voltage that goes to the gear selector light on...
3
3

Folding Bed Cover = Headache Rack?
Admittedly, this is a stretch... Has anybody heard of crash tests where a folding bed cover like BakFlip's HD was evaluated as a sort of dynamic headache rack/cab protector? In the BakFlip spiel, they...

2014 Chevy Silverado priced from *$24,585, V8 gets better economy than Ford EcoBoost V6
From AB 2014 Silverado Delivers Power, Efficiency and Value ? Best fuel economy of any V-8 pickup ? EPA estimated 23 mpg highway ? Better fuel economy than 2013 Ford EcoBoost V-6 ? Base prices carry...

5'6" Bed Cover: Soft or Hard?
Hard looks cooler, seems more convenient to open/close.. costs a lot more. Soft costs less, maybe more of hassle to open/close. Given that I don't care about theft resistance or waterproofness, are...
1
1

Car Canopy
Canopy, Outdoor Canopies, pop up tents and party tents at wholesale prices. Our high quality canopies can not be beat. For More Details:-

AdaRac: Adapters for Yakima Crossbars
Just installed an Adarac rack system on my pickup's bed (viz: Easy install, nice and solid, gives me the adjustability I want, can co-exist with a folding bed cover like BakFlip. But the crossbars...

2003 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 no fire
Replaced battery, alternator, fuel pump, and fuel filter and can't get it to fire. Help!
2
2

Syphoning Gas From 08 'Burb?
Got almost a half tank of gas. Went out to try to syphon 5 gallons out of the tank and it doesn't look to me like it's going to happen. No matter how much I wiggle the syphon tube, I can't seem to get...
7
7

03 chevy awd express van, brake warning light and alarm sounds while moving but
this alarm will only sound when the heater is on, if i turn the heater off once it cools down the alarm goes off and the brake indicator light stops flashing. I have replaced the warning bell and it...
1
1

Vehicle Theft: Significantly Harder With New Safeguards?
Somebody who knows a lot more than I do has suggested that the only two ways to get a car stolen from a mall parking lot are to leave the keys in it or for the thieves to load it on a rollback truck....
6
6

6' vs 5' Bed: Any Diff In Rear End?
I've got a 5.5' bed w/full crew cab. Unladen, of course, the rear end is conspicuously light - to the point where I can burn a little rubber if I'm too heavy on the gas when the light changes. If I...
2
2

Steering wheel dry??
2007 sierra, crew. Notice my steering wheel seems to need some grease?? If I turn the wheel really slow, it sort of ratchets like it is rubbing on a dry "O" ring or something. I think this is in the...

Best/Worst Areas To Park At A Mall?
Parking at a big mall seems to offer many options: under a roof, out in the open, densely-used areas, sparsely-used areas, and so-forth. Somebody with a more-stealable-than-most vehicle would want to...
2
2