Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 silverado 4x4 backing plates
I am going to have to replace the cheezy backing plates on the rear axel they simply rusted away . Has anyone else had to do this and can you give me some tips. I have a positraction rear end TIA
6
6

Odor ??
I have a 2007 Silverado Classic w/Duramax. I have noticed lately that when I stop I get an odor and I can not find the source. A/C off It smells like propane, I have no clue how, but... Has anyone...
4
4

code 32 on 1992 gmc diesel
my check engine light came on and i triped my comp. with my gm key and it gave a code 32 wich in my repair book (haynes) it means egr circuit fault i checked the vac pump and i have about 25 inch the...

99 Burb Drive Train Shake Problem
I get a severe shake when going over 65 and I speed up to pass someone. When the tranny drops out of overdrive and then goes to slip back in after the pass has been completed, the whole drive train...
11
11

1998 Chevy S1500 4x4 350 Electrical System
Intermittent issue, total electrical power loss randomly. Last time no power at all when went to start this evening. Tried again in a few minutes and started normally. Saw in another post for 98...
1
1

95 chevy shuts off
95 chevy Z71, after about 30 secs it just shuts off, fuel is 12 psi, oil is 40, vac is 22, its like the key was turned off! wouldn't restart until the key is first turned off. -- Message posted using...
2
2

Replacement Keys
Hello All, I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado and would like to get some duplicate keys made from the originals. Do these have to be made at the dealer or can I just go to any key copying center? Thanks,...
1
1

2003 S-10 belt replacement too short
I bought a serpentine belt for my 2003 S-10 ZR-2 today. The part number was K060950 or 950K6 at O'Reilly. When I tried to put it on, it was too short. I could not get it under the fixed idler pulley...

Upper Control Arm Bushing
I have an 01 Jimmy 59,600 miles and I get a clunking sound from the left front are near the A Pillar when I pump the brake and of course when I am on slightly rough pavement. I drove the mechanic I...
1
1

Fuel Gauge problem repaired
My 01 4x4 Silverado had a bad sending unit. I forwarding this to any one who has the same problem I purchased the part from gmdirect for $326 verses$ 500 the local dealer wanted, I pulled the bed to...
4
4

88 R20 STEERING WHEEL ADJUSTMENT
I have any problem with my steering wheel adjustment, it wont lock in place in any position,does anyone know if this means a new column or can parts be obtained. thanks in advance

2000 Silverado Intermediate Steering Shaft Failure
I have a 2000 Silverado 2500 4x4. Noticed some steering play over the past week. Looked under the hood and wiggled the steering shaft where it comes out of the firewall and it is pretty loose. I have...
1
1

Cargo Restraints That Use Seat Belt Anchors?
I've been strapping cargo into my '98 'burb using seat belts since it was new. It's finally dawned on me that maybe there are aftermarket products out there that use the existing seat belt anchors....

1999 2 x 4 Suburban Transmission problem
Snoman, My buddy has a 1999 Suburban with a possible transmission problem. When the transmission is in drive a clicking sound can be heard from the transmission area under the truck. The noise is...
7
7

1988 GMC 1500 service manual
Does anyone have a PDF copy of a service manual for a 1988 GMC 1/2 ton? I sure would appreciate getting a copy to try and solve a few problems that my dad has with his pickup.
3
3