7004R-92K1500

I'm glad the filter change worked/helped. I would still take it to the shop that rebuilt it and tell them what was going on, what you did, and ask them if they could do a few checks.

A tidbit of info...Changing the fluid in an auto trans takes FAR more than dropping the pan and replacing a few quarts. More like an expensive Auto Trans Flushing Machine and typically 5 gallons of fluid for a flush and fill a full size vehicle trans. About $120 around here in NW Iowa...of course I have a Buddy with an auto repair business, so it costs me less than that if I need it on any of my vehicles.

Reply to
Shades

yea... I know about the fluid business. Just my habit of referring to basically swapping the fluid in the pan and replacing the filter. I realize that you can't get close to all the fluid without using one of the those pressure type machines.

I may consider get the trans "flushed" I don't know what the cost $$ runs around here. I'm not sure who even has one. I'm guessing the trans shop I used in the past since they are the biggest shop in the area.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

. .

===== ===== I've been watching the thread progress... and it's been doing good till now.... so let me say......

Don't.....repeat Do Not.....flush the tranny.

You're going to loosen up and dislodge the wee bits of crap that's accumulated in the nooks and crannies of that trans and that flushing machine WILL NOT.... get it all out. It WILL...however get it loose and let it start circulating around inside the unit, where it's stands a dang good chance of hang'n a valve not to mention creating a bypass leak in an apply piston or servo....or, last but not least, and also what may have been the prob all along.....hang the govenor.

But then..if you know the fluid biz..you already know that.

You did the correct thing. A basic fluid and filter. Do it again at the end of summer if you don't have any other probs before then.

~:~ MarshMonster ~Pensacola~

Elbert wrote:

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I don't think I'm going to do anything on the Trans as far as getting a replacement until it starts to act up. I am going to swap out the Trans filter and 5+quarts of fluid at the next oil change.

If the Trans starts to act up then I'll buy a goodwrench transmission and go from there.