700r4 downshifting

About a year ago I posted a question about a 700r4 downshifting while slowing down. At first I thought it was occuring between 2nd and 1st but it's the 3-2
transition.When slowing down (foot off the gas) it goes thunk as it goes from 3 to 2, I hooked up a tach and I get a 50 - 75 rpm increase when the shift occurs. Also on the upshift from 2 to 3 it's kinda abrupt compared to all the other shift points which are very smooth. I've done the tranny oil and filter twice, checked for binds in the throttle cables, checked for vacum leaks and drive shaft hardware and pinion nut but everythings seems ok. The trucks a 87 4x4 suburban with a tbi 350 that is in great shape and runs terrific. I'd hate to have the thing commit suicide, after following the group for a years or so I know there's a wealth of knowledge here, any ideas?
Thanks Bill
is the downshift 'clunk' more pronounced if the selector is in '3' instead of OD ??

slowing
3-2
from 3

the
throttle
but
in
after
Nope, the same in D or OD, and sometimes if if I'm off the gas and coast to a stop with minimal braking it doesn't do it.
He said, '3' not drive or over drive, third gear.
~KJ~ <sometimes reads what he wants posts to say too>

to a

'3' is 'drive'

Funny mine was P, R, N, OD, D, 3, 2, 1 Or am I a crack head?
~KJ~

coast
no, yours was P-R-N-OD-D-2-1 or P-R-N-OD-3-2-1

Your right, I just checked the one in the drawer next to me (auto over drive) and the one in my truck (manual OD).
~KJ~

I'll vote for CRACK HEAD!
LOL
Refinish King
PS
The paint fumes do a gooooood job of making you high if you don't change the booth filters a day or so, when the symptoms start. So I post drivel when the booth filters are clogged and I'm feeling no pain!

just curious, did ya ever get the answer you wanted?Or needed?

slowing
3-2
from 3

the
throttle
but
in
after
I don't think so, unless I missed something.