8.1 liter gas mileage

Hi,
I've just bought a 2002 K2500HD with the 8.1/Allison combo. I knew milage would not be great but I didn't have the extra cash for the Duramax. Anybody
experiment with MPH/RPM range to get the best milage with the 8.1. I've hit 12.5. I really enjoy the truck, fully loaded LT with only 12K miles on it. Thanks for any suggestions.
Jerry
count your blessings - neighbor gets 9-10 with his, but don't know what gears he's got.
Snowman

Anybody
hit