'83 C-10, wipers won't shut off

I have a half-ton 83 pickup, and the wipers won't shut off. I've disassembled the switch, cleaned and lubricated all the contacts, and the problem still persists.

I can change the wiper speed fine...everything except the 'off' position. I've removed the switch and a smaller electrical box to which it's connected (intermittent control?), and the wipers still run. The only way to shut them off is by disconnecting the lead to the wiper motor.

I'm not a mechanic, but I'd like to fix this myself if possible. Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

Reply to
David Boyer

Cannot really help you much but on our 83 van if I disconnect the washer pump the wipers will recycle. You may want to make sure the washer pump motor is connected and works. If it is connected but does not work the wire may be broken and hence disconnected. Test it with a volt meter.

Good luck,

Mark

Reply to
r_d