85 blazer timing problem?

Just bought a blazer and while driving it home 350 miles it wouldnt go above about 50mph. My girlfriend was pacing me cause the speedo was broke. I tried to adjust the carbs today, wasnt to sucessful. I think my vacum gauge
isnt working or something. We changed the plugs and installed a tach. At about 3500rpm it starts to bog down, stutter, stall if i stay on the gas hard. I havent gotten out the timing light (raining now) but thought I would ask if anyone had any suggestions? Also, any way to adjust the carbs without a vacum gauge?
Thanks -- Joe & Jody Panama City, FL
Oh ya...one more thing....it doesnt do it in park or nuetral at 3500. just with a load on the motor. thanks
-- Joe Romero Panama City, FL

above
gauge
carbs

At
Replaced the fuel filter yesterday and still bad.
any other ideas?
thanks
-- Joe Romero Panama City, FL

gas
. . TOP POST (fuel filter has been changed) . . Joe, Check the exhaust flow for restriction. (unhook the exhaust and go for a test drive and see if the performance gets better)
Do a repost with the results and note any improvements or changed parameters of the symptom.
....... 4X4.chevy.trucks Diagnostic Course: Apprenticeship Advisory:
This is a selfpaced course designed to allow for each poster to proceed to the next step at a rate that is conducive to their own schedule and brain wave functions. Aprentice's should feel free to challenge any or all diagnostic steps as they wish. This course has been formatted in a step by step instructional layout that requires patients, minimal skill level, honest feedback, and willingness to accept sharp criticism and rebute from seansoned posters, by the Apprentice initiating the Symptom for Study. As a selfpaced format, said Apprentice is solely responsible for length of diagnostic time. Also, Apprentice retains sole discretion for accepting or dismissing any or all reccomended diagnostic proceedures. However, Apprentice is hereby notified that deviating from the assigned diagnostic steps may result in flaming, redicule, blatant performance evaluations, and other personal attacks that the more seasoned posters feel may be warranted. With this in mind, the NG looks forward to your successfull graduation in this course study.
addendum: we understand you don't own the tools needed to for the course work. The Snap-On truck comes on Frydays. ~:~ MarshMonster
Fuel Flow : check Exh. Flow : check Elect. Syst. : Vac. Syst. : Ign. Syst. :
--
Joe Romero
Panama City, FL

You a statisitician Brian? He he he. I hear that line quite a bit in my line of work................
Doc

X-No-Archive:yes Re: " There are three kinds of lies: lies,damned lies,and statistics. -Disraeli $$$$$$$$$$ You a statisitician Brian? He he he. I hear that line quite a bit in my line of work................ Doc " &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Nah,but it's a good one huh? Used to work in an office( gag,puke) and we statisized everything and some of us learned that you could interpret-bend stats to make almost any point by strategic omissions,etc.Soooo glad I'm out of the rat race now. Best... Brian O
Brian Orion wrote: snip some of us learned that you could

snip
Welcome to the world of politics...