85 chevrolet silverado

I'm having problems with an 85 silverado that has had the motor changed out, from a diesel to a 350 gas engine, I have had to replace the battery 4 times, each time the batteries had bad cells, I have also had to replace
the alternator 3 times, they too were bad when checcked, and the batteries still won't hold a charge for more than a 2 or 3 days , the guy I bought the truck from put the motor in it and as he put it , It's been de-horned, so there are many wires that have been cut, I'm not a mechanic so I really don't know what to do , can someone please tell me where to start.
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html