85 k-5 blazer loud noise when backing up

got a broken motor mount ?

might be the fan hitting the shroud

gas. But it goes away after i let off while backing up. But it sometimes does it going forward . can any one help . It sounds like a blade hitting metal thank you

Reply to
TransSurgeon

when i back up my blazer makes a loud chattering noise when i step on the gas. But it goes away after i let off while backing up. But it sometimes does it going forward . can any one help . It sounds like a blade hitting metal thank you

Reply to
richkitch

But it goes away after i let off while backing up. But it sometimes does it going forward . can any one help . It sounds like a blade hitting metal thank you

How does it act in 4x4 when you back up?

Reply to
73blazer

My best guess is the e-brake...

~KJ~

the gas. But it goes away after i let off while backing up. But it sometimes does it going forward . can any one help . It sounds like a blade hitting metal thank you

Reply to
KJ

I have had the same problem! Transmission! Well, the lack of pressure in the transmission. It's clutch chatter! That's my guess...

Reply to
Shades

Happened to my S-10 once..Turned out it was only my neighbor's trash can that I kinda backed over...!

Reply to
ken