87 4x4 Ball Joint Adj. Sleeve Trouble

I have removed everything relating to a upper and lower ball joint replacement. I am having a lot of trouble installing the new adjusting sleeve for the upper ball joint. I have used a "soft-ish" wire brush in
a die-grinder to clean out the threads and I have the spanner (which does great) but, nothing drives the sleeve home. I have tried a massive amount of leverage and a lot of torch time.
The only thing I can think of is to chase the threads out with a bolt of matching size and thread. If anyone has another suggestion, I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.
"jake292" wrote:

brush
Have you tried using a moly based grease on it to?