87 Blazer Inst. Panel Bulbs

need to replace my panel bulbs that are very dim or burned out. I was wondering if any of you know if there are any brighter bulb options available. I am already going to spray the backside of the panel a chrome color to aid in being able to see the gauges. Also, is the hi-bean indicator bulb the same as the other bulbs; or is it I special bulb? The only reason I ask this is because it is blue. And mine is burned out. Thanks....

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Cheryl and Rob

Tell us what you did. I have the same problem.

Warren

Reply to
Warren Post

there you can order brighter bulbs for your instrument panel and they are fairly cheap. I haven't received mine yet but I should within a week. ( I ordered the 168s and they were like 4 bucks for 2 of em which I don't think is all that bad).

I also took out my instrument panel and sprayed the back plate with a chrome paint. (not as hard as it sounds) I bought that at AutoZone or Napa I forget which. and that brightened them up a whole lot. I also did the housings for my parking lights and rear brake light assembly and that made them alot brighter too. so now all that is left is to take everything back apart when my new bulbs come and do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!! But it is going to take half as long this time around!!

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Reply to
Robert Ball