87 Blazer - scraping noise

hi all, 87 Blazer, 350, 700r4,4x4 - i sometimes here a slight 'scraping' noise coming from the underside of my truck. Seems to happen mostly when idling
(no, not all the time) or moving at low speeds. i have looked around underneath with no luck. Anyone have any idea? i am thinking, well hell, i dont know what to think, but the noise reminds me of something spinning and slightly scraping the side of something else....flywheel scraping something... torque converter going south?? No other symptoms seem to be manifesting themselves.... stumped! thanks for any ideas, james
I had an issue like that on my '78. Not sure if it pertains but it turned out to be some of the bolts fell out of the flywheel/torque converter dust cover and allowed it to gently rub on the torque converter. Does the 'scraping' noise get faster with engine RPM?
HTH,
Derek