87 blazer, turn signal wire question

hi all, i have an 87 k5 blazer; the turn signal/cruise control/wiper control stalk has a black wire running from it down through the steering column. What is that for? mine is broke
anyway. i am assuming it is for the cruise control,since my cruise control does not work. thanks, james

You are correct - cruise control...
not to hijack the post but mine is too!!!! well my high/lo beam and my turn signal is really sloppy loose. Is this common? Just wondering that's all. I can't seem to get the switch itself out so I'm gonna take her to the stealership I guess.......