87 S-10 engine replacement

I am putting a new motor is my 87 s-10. It has a 2.8 with a 5 speed. I have a new ( donor) motor but have been told I will have to pull my front
diff to get the motor and tranny together with the manual tranny. Anyone done this without removing the diff? I have never taken out a front diff on a torsion bar type suspension. Any suggestions? Thanks-- LKN4SNO
Don't think ya gotta mess with the front diff. at all You will need to break apart the body and frame to get the new engine in and may need to slide back the trani/transaxle unit to get the old one out
You do not need to break apart the body and frame, and you don't have to pull the front diff.
I got my 89 4.3 in and out without doing either. It's a lot larger than the little 2.8.....

It just made it a lot easier with several inches of clearence....both on a 2.8 L and a 4.3 L