87 Sierra S15 firing order?

my book says that the firing order for my v6 is 165432 where #1 is driverside nearest front of vehicle. I changed plugs, distributor cap rotor button and the truck wont start. It backfires back through the
thrittle body and spits/ sputters. This makes me believe that I have a wire crossed. . I put the original cap, rotor back on and same thing any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
frustrated in fla
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:13:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

No guarntee:
154632
may be the right order. I'm not sure where that 165432 came from but there is no way, IMHO, that it is right.

======================================My Chilton's agrees with the OP's book on 165432 IF it is a 4.3L. Left bank is 1-3-5 front to back, right bank is 2-4-6 front to back. #1 on distributor is straight to front, clockwise rotation.
Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way
Sierra Specialty Automotive

"If?"
The 4.3 wasn't offered in the "S" chassis in 1987. It's a 2.8 same as was used in the FWD cars, firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6 Odd number cylinders are on passenger side, evens on drivers side.