87 V20 Leaf Spring Bushings

I am thinking of replacing the leaf spring bushings on my 87 V20 4x4. Do I have to have a press or will they just push in and bolt up? Is this something best done by a professional? Is it very difficult to reposition everything for reassembly? Is there a large advantage to either poly or stock?

Thanks. Jake

Reply to
jake292

THey can be VERYnasty to remove. You need a good press at very least and I have seen a few that had to be burned out and then the metal sleeves collapsed and removed. Also sometime the bolt holding them in cam be rusted into bushing and require it to be cut off. What seems like a not to bad job can get really ugly at times.

SnoMan