87 V20 Seat Swap

I have an 87 V20 3/4 ton 4x4 that needs a new seat. The guy I purchased this truck from installed two bucket seats which, both set about 8 inches too far toward center. Thankfully, I'm left handed.
I would like to install one of the newer style seats that have a center console armrest from a salvage yard. If anyone has experience with this could you offer some advice.
Should I stay with a Chevy seat or would another make be okay? What years have the seat I am looking for that would be my best option? How should I make the bolts match up?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. Jake