88 2500 wants to stall

I have an 88 2500 with a 350. It seems to run well. It still seeds a little tuning, I failed emissions but my biggest probles is stalling. During normal driving it is fine. When I do slow stops and starts like when
doing a 3 point turn or plowing it wants to stall.
If I give it the slightes tap on the pedl before stopping it is usually fine.
Any ideas?
I just got an 89 pickup. It was doing basically the same thing. Here's what I did, now some of this was because I just got it, not to chase down the problem. I did plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing as far as the engine goes...also fuel filter. I did a bunch of other stuff, all fluids etc, but I doubt that would do what you're describing. Also, before you do anything else, is it throwing any codes? The cheapest thing to try first is to check the timing, make sure you unplug the timing connector first, mine is near the underhood relays, brown wire with a clip, but it's on a 454, not sure if yours is the same.
I have basically done the same. Plugs, cap, etc
I had the timing set a little low to pass emmision (didn't work)
I advanced it a little but now it pings a little. Is there a sensor that adjusts idle speed?