'88 2wd Suburban 7.4TBI, Any concerns??

Strongly thinking about picking up this vehicle. 106k, all orig, no rust, cold air, etc. Just don't know anything about the TBI 454. I believe this is the 1st year for it? Good motor? Trans? Anything I should look out for on this thing?

Only thing wrong motor-wise at first glance is either leaking RS Ex manifild gasket, or burnt valve...

Thanks!

WR250

Reply to
Woodsrider250

2wd

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

"KJ" wrote in news:n_dtb.258452 $ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

:) Yeah, there's really no need for 4wd in FLAT IL...

Reply to
Woodsrider250

oh, hell yes there is

it's necessary to play 'Let's see how large a snowdrift we can get hung up in and burn up the transmission' in the winter

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

flat lands get nice n' muddy too

~KJ~

BTW Gary my tranny seems to be just getting better and better, like it's learning my truck. I know I'm insane but it feels really sound now. Thanks for all the help you've given me.

Reply to
KJ