88 chevy pickup

truck is bogging down real bad when accelarating i got a code 44 replaced the o2 sencer still doing same thing.please help thanks

88 chevy pickup Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Sep 16, 2006, 3:26pm From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (r-a-y) truck is bogging down real bad when accelarating i got a code 44 replaced the o2 sencer still doing same thing.please help thanks
Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Check everything in the fuel system starting with the injectors. How is it running at idle? A lot of good O2 sensors get thrown out because something else is causing he problem. Have you changed the fuel filter recently? How's the fuel pressure? Has the air filter been changed recently?
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~
i've replaced the fuel filter,plugs,wires and air filter.How do i check the fuel pressure?
The truck runs just fine while idling,and if you accelerate real easy but if i press down quickly it just bogs down.Some times it will rev up like it's in neutral.
I am having almost the same problem. Truck idles fine but when starting from a stop it boggs down and is sluggish, also notice similar problems on long hill climbs. Truck has a new fuel pump. Will prob start replacing sensors, any other ideas? 89 S10 4x4 4.3
r-a-y wrote:

Check your coil for arcing out the side of it. My '89 was erratically losing power on hills and when you hammered it. It would lose power like it was running out of gas and it was the coil cutting out. Only way I found it was I heard the "snapping" of it arcing one night when the hood was up. It was intermittent. I already chased filters, fuel press, etc. before that and was getting fed up waiting for the complete failure of something. Get a quality coil, not one from AZ, I did a AZ coil and it lasted 2 weeks until it started arcing. Last AZ electrical part I've ever bought.