88 CHEVY RUNS BAD COLD

I HAVE AN 88 CHEVY 2500 5.7 L RUNS HORRIBLE COLD I HAVE TO THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN TO START IT THEN IT BACKFIRES WHEN IT STARTS ONCE IT WARMS UP A LITTLE THEN IT PURS LIKE A KITTEN ANY SUGGESTIONS I WOULD GREATLY
APPRECIATE.
1. Have it scanned free at one of the big chain autoparts stores. Advance Auto, Auto Zone.
1. Bad TPS 3. Bad MAP Sensor
How many miles on it?
helly wrote:

go out to the truck the next time it is really humid at night. Pop the hood and start it. If you see sparks from the spark plug wires, you found your problem. I had a truck do exactly as you are describing, turn out the plug wires were shot.

Or, you could just wait until it's dark and use a spray bottle to mist water over the spark plug wires.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~
Check for a sticking EGR valve. Especially if it's one of the "digital EGR's" (not the usual vacuum operated ones).
Ran into a 4.3L that did almost the same thing.

IHAVE REPLACED THE EGR VALVE,PLUG WIRES WITH NEW GM WIRES,CAP ROTOR FUEL FILTER SPARK PLUGS TIMING CHAIN, SCANNED TPS WITH MY AUTO X-RAY SCANNER THANKS FOR THE IDEAS I APPRECIATE IT ANYMORE LET ME KNOW THANKS