88 CHEVY RUNS BAD COLD

I HAVE AN 88 CHEVY 2500 5.7 L RUNS HORRIBLE COLD I HAVE TO THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN TO START IT THEN IT BACKFIRES WHEN IT STARTS ONCE IT WARMS UP A LITTLE THEN IT PURS LIKE A KITTEN ANY SUGGESTIONS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE.

Reply to
helly
  1. Have it scanned free at one of the big chain autoparts stores. Advance Auto, Auto Zone.

  1. Bad TPS

  1. Bad MAP Sensor

How many miles on it?

helly wrote:

Reply to
Sunshine&Lollipops

Reply to
seeray28(steve)

Or, you could just wait until it's dark and use a spray bottle to mist water over the spark plug wires.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Reply to
Rich B

Check for a sticking EGR valve. Especially if it's one of the "digital EGR's" (not the usual vacuum operated ones).

Ran into a 4.3L that did almost the same thing.

Reply to
John Craker

IHAVE REPLACED THE EGR VALVE,PLUG WIRES WITH NEW GM WIRES,CAP ROTOR FUEL FILTER SPARK PLUGS TIMING CHAIN, SCANNED TPS WITH MY AUTO X-RAY SCANNER THANKS FOR THE IDEAS I APPRECIATE IT ANYMORE LET ME KNOW THANKS

Reply to
helly

Shut off your caps lock and stop screaming at us!!!

Reply to
George

Maybe he's hard of hearing (or thinks we are LOL).